Here’s a prayer from St. Francis of Assisi. I hope one day to truly pray this from my heart:
Almighty, eternal, just, and merciful God,
grant us in our misery [the grace]
to do for You alone
what we know You want us to do,
to desire what pleases You.
Continue reading “A Prayer of St. Francis”
From St. Francis of Assisi
How Virtue Drives Out Vice
1. Where there is charity (love) and wisdom,
there is neither fear nor ignorance.
2. Where there is patience and humility,
there is neither anger nor disturbance.
3. Where there is poverty with joy,
there is neither covetousness nor avarice (greed).
4. Where there is inner peace and meditation,
there is neither anxiousness nor dissipation.
5. Where there is fear of the Lord to guard the house (cf. Lk 11:21),
there the enemy cannot gain entry.
6. Where there is mercy and discernment,
there is neither excess nor hardness of heart.
Continue reading “Driving Out Vice”