There is a UK project called the BigBible Project. The hope is to get more people to integrate the bible into their lives. It sounds like a wonderful project.
N. T. Wright is a supporter of the project. He he even had an hour question and answer session online! I think this is pretty cool. You can listen or watch the interaction. Here are some of the questions (there were 27 in all):
1. Why is Lent important and why is Mark important this Year?
2. How did you choose the language for your NT translation?
3. How can we use the Big Read to help and engage with those who are exploring Christian faith for the first time after the course has finished?
4. Mark raises the issue of identity, how do you hope people will grow in their identity as sons and daughters of God as they participate in THE BIG READ?
5. Following on from the “brigands” on Jesus’ right and left – what light does that shed on Mark 10:35 when James and John ask who will sit on Jesus’ right and left in glory?
6. Do you think we should print the last section of Mark, which is not present in early translations?
Check it out!